SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
We believe that a cutting-edge “A+ solution” to organizing/structuring searchable data (e.g. data curation) is essential. It's difficult to get there via human curation because there's too much data. It's also difficult to get there with a purely machine-curated solution (we've learned that lesson first hand). Our solution at SoundHound has been to hybridize the two approaches. In this role, you'll be part of a small and innovative team designing automated algorithms smart enough to approximate a human curator, while also working closely with human curators on the team to achieve the best possible searchable data quality for our apps.
- You are fascinated by the challenge of implementing machine-based solutions to organize/label data the way human curators would – on a scale that would require millions of human curators
- You are a quick learner with sharp coding skills, enabling you to meet aggressive deadlines
- You enjoy being part of a small team responsible for systems that directly power the search experience of millions of users every day
- You pay attention to detail and take pride in implement highly maintainable code
- Design and implement systems that manage a unique blend of searchable data (including audio, meta-data, and traditional text-based content)
- Lots of coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Integrate new sources of data into the system
- Regularly analyze the data curated by the system and identify areas for improvement
- Proficient in C++ and one or more scripting languages
- Strong grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Experience manipulating and managing large amounts of data
- Self motivated and able to contribute in a fast-paced team environment
Nice to haves:
- Experience working with large catalogs of real-world / messy data
- Familiarity with text search algorithms and related systems
- Experience working with music-related data
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Proficiency with databases/SQL
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.