About SoundHound Inc.
With a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products, SoundHound Inc. is best known for creating the music discovery application SoundHound, which has amassed a global user community of over 300 million people. We just released two new products, a voice-recognition virtual assistant application Hound and a voice-enabled developer platform Houndify. We believe in providing others with the ability to interact with everything around them in the same way we interact with each other in this emerging 'connected' world: by speaking naturally, and we are creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve our lives.
Summary of Position
The Graphic Designer/Design Manager role is a position within the Marketing team. The range and frequency of work you produce will vary depending on the needs of the cross-functional teams that the Marketing team supports. This includes (but not limited to) Sales, HR, Web Developers, Engineering, and Product Design. With the majority of assigned projects within Marketing and Sales, which have clearly defined objectives and timelines, you will not only receive the opportunity to evolve the SoundHound Inc. brand and products, you will also get design proposals and pitches for well-known brands through collaboration, and execute revisions based on weekly critiques or direct feedback.
- Lead and participate in conceptualizing and brainstorming ideas for new or existing projects
- Maintenance, guidance and direction of corporate brand identity
- Work closely with your team to design, develop and modify designs
- Expand upon visual tone and aesthetics for new and existing designs
- Present final hi-fidelity proposals or mocks to project owners for critique
- Desire to learn new things, whether it’s a software program or a new technique that will help improve your skills
- Good time management skills, working to deliver assignments on time
- Ability to collaborate with others to develop concepts in a team-oriented manner
- Open-minded approach to problem-solving and clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. (when needed)
- Maintains technical and design knowledge by reviewing publications and trends while keeping up with technology
- You are reliable, a leader, have a passion for design, a hunger to learn, and a drive to work
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) incl. video (AfterEffects, PremierPro, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) as well as Keynote, Google Docs and Google Drive
- Experience or working knowledge of Copywriting, HTML/CSS, Sketch and Ad Tools (ie. AdStudio F#, Celtra, etc.)
- A degree in a design-related field or equivalent industry experience w/8+ years professionally and a stellar portfolio
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees, partners and users alike. Our culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, happy hours and so much more. We offer a competitive salary, stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music and interact with machines, home.