Soundhound has amassed a global user community of well over 300 million strong, utilizing our portfolio of core technologies and award winning products. We incorporated NLU, AI and machine learning to create amazing speech-to-messaging products and platforms. If you haven’t downloaded SoundHound and Hound from the App Store, do it today, and have some fun with the apps!
We just recently opened our San Francisco engineering office to enable those who reside in the North Bay to be a part of SoundHound without the hassle of a long commute to the South Bay. Did we mention that we are at the corners of Market and Sutter? Our front door is 5 steps away from the Montgomery Street BART escalators-cool and convenient!
You would be one of the first engineers hired in San Francisco, so your input and ideas into the office culture and product innovations will be felt for years to come.
We value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike.
We offer exceptional work/life balance, competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, daily catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music, search the Internet, AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
Welcome to Client Engineering at the company responsible for one of the most popular Music and Sound Search applications in the iTunes Store, and the ground-breaking voice technology powering the Hound personal assistant.
In this lead position, you'll play a key role in the development of our next generation Audio Recognition apps, taking SoundHound's highly-sophisticated backend technology and creating a polished UI/UX to delight our hundreds of millions of users and maintain SoundHound's place as THE go-to app for Music Search and Exploration.
In this role, you will oversee junior level iOS Developers in both our Santa Clara and Toronto, Ontario offices, (No travel required) and you will be the go-to person on architectural or design issues. As needed, you will jump on video or chat to work through issues with other developers. We see you as an experienced Mobile Engineer with a deep knowledge of the iOS platform, who enjoys working as part of a tight-knit team comprised of passionate, innovative, and highly-collaborative Developers. You believe things like SoundHound's unique 'LiveLyrics' feature and Hound's ability to interpret complex queries are awesome, and would relish the opportunity to sign your name to even cooler functionality within future products. Sound good? Read on!
- Work on iPhone/iPad application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards in music and social gaming.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iPhone/iPad applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Lead junior developers in both Santa Clara and Toronto Ontario offices.
- Fluency in and a deep knowledge of C, Objective-C, CocoaTouch, and iOS programming.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis, CoreAnimation, OpenGL, and Social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Prior lead experience
How to Apply:
- Download and use our iPhone/iPad app. We'll talk to you about the experience as a part of the interview process.
- Apply through our website. Please be sure to include an appropriate cover letter letting us know about your interests
- If you have shipped any iPhone/iPad apps that you are proud of, point us in their direction.
- Cocoa, iPhone, iPad, UIKit, Objective-C, Xcode, Mac OS X, OpenGL, CoreGraphics, CoreAudio, iPod Touch, Apple.