SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
Algorithms are at the heart of what we do here at SoundHound. In our mission to make audio-based searching as accurate, cost-effective, and scalable as text-based searching, we have re-invented many wheels, sometimes turning conventional search wisdom on it's head, and often solving problems that have never had scalable solutions before (such as our sing/hum based search engine). In this role, you'll be part of a small and highly talented team working on evolving our audio-based search technologies, and continuing to innovate at an industry-leading pace.
- You love algorithms, and the challenge of writing scalable solutions to complex problems
- You are a fast learner, with strong coding skills which enable you to meet aggressive deadlines while producing maintainable code
- You enjoy being part of a small team and wearing multiple hats
- You love working on open ended problems that have never been solved before
- Lots of hands-on coding, testing, and scripting in a linux environment
- Design and implement algorithmic solutions to non-trivial problems
- Analyze and improve existing algorithmic solutions (making them faster and more accurate)
- Learn new domains quickly when necessary
- Strong coding skills in C++ or Java
- Proficiency with one or more scripting languages
- Strong command of Linux environment
- Deep grasp of algorithms and data-structures, with ability to innovate
- Experience writing code in a context where efficiency matters
Nice to haves:
- Experience with search/relevance algorithms
- Passion for music/audio-related technologies
- Exposure to Natural Language Processing and related concepts
- Familiarity with web crawling and related concepts
- Proficiency with both SQL and NoSQL systems
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular.