SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning.
We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
Mission: Houndify everything.
Summary of Position:
The best brands feel “alive”. We infuse them with personality in hopes they’ll make a meaningful emotional connection. But what if your brand actually felt alive… and its brand personality was its actual personality? That’s our opportunity. Here at SoundHound Inc, we’re delivering transformative voice-enable AI technology to change the way we interact with the world around us.
With our DNA in music and human interaction, we thrive on creativity, innovation, and communication. We understand that the connection between a user and our products must be strong and empowering. The Marketing team is looking for a Creative Director who understands how every connection to the customer is an opportunity to strengthen this relationship.
We’re a design and engineering-driven environment, with a team who’s worked with the best of the best in design. The ideal CD will bring a passion for delivering thoughtful and beautiful messages, and an excitement for the type of future we’re delivering.
- Define and curate our company and product brands
- Own our brand identity and ways it can extend to partner products
- Translate marketing goals into creative strategies, and see them through
- Creative ownership of all our marketing channels: Video, web, social, email, ads, events, assets
- Build and lead a world class team of designers and writers
- Close partnership with our Product UX design team (peas in a pod)
- Direct outsourced creative vendors when needed
- Managed a team in a creative capacity as CD or ACD, within a company or agency
- Familiarity with technology products, across consumer and B2B
- Comfortable in a startup environment, but ready to embrace growth and scale
- Ability to roll up sleeves, crank open Photoshop, and deliver designs when needed
- Conceptual thinker, who understands the role of technology in society
- Knowledge of a range of channels: Digital, video, print, and event
- Advanced degree or certification in design from a recognized institution
And we have all the important stuff: Friendly collaborative culture, free lunches, snacks, happy hours, and stock options. With our $75M Series D funding announcement in January, we’ve got all the momentum we need to grow -- a perfect time to join!How to apply:Send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you'd like to join the team at SoundHound in particular!