SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products....we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
• You can accomplish anything from a Linux terminal, including, when necessary, the impossible
• You're passionate about high availability systems, and enjoy being the front-line responder for critical server-side issues impacting hundreds of millions of users
• You love working on small teams with a lot of responsibility and several different hats
• You're able to tackle complex issues with a strong sense of urgency and ownership
• You want a team that cares about keeping your pager quiet, but also feel under-utilized if no critical pages ever come your way
• Heavy involvement in all aspects of 24/7 production data-center operations
• Create robust automated solutions for production environment
• Configure monitoring, tune system performance, and work closely with engineering teams
• Periodically work onsite in data-center, helping rack up or repair servers
• Significant experience with large-scale, high-availability distributed systems
• Expert hands-on knowledge of Linux and scripting (Bash, Python, Perl, etc)
• Deep knowledge of monitoring (Nagios, etc) and configuration management (Chef, etc)
• Ability to analyze and optimize all major aspects of server-side performance
• Proven track record troubleshooting critical issues on complex, high-traffic systems
Nice to haves:
• Deep knowledge of networking (routers/switches, load balancing, DNS, VPN, etc)
• Experience with wide range of relevant server-side technologies such as: LAMP stack, Hadoop, Spark, MongoDB, Postgres, Mysql, Varnish, Logstash, etc
• Experience with source control and build systems (SVN, Git, Jenkins, etc)
• Experience as a Systems Administrator in a Linux Environment
How to Apply:
Please send us your resume and cover letter. Tell us why you would like a job at SoundHound in particular!