About SoundHound Inc.
SoundHound Inc. turns sound into understanding and actionable meaning. We believe in enabling humans to interact with the things around them in the same way we interact with each other: by speaking naturally to mobile phones, cars, TVs, music speakers, coffee machines, and every other part of the emerging 'connected' world. Our latest product, Hound, leverages our Speech-to-Meaning technology to showcase a ground-breaking smartphone experience. Our SoundHound product applies our technology to music, enabling people to discover, explore, and share the music around them, and even find the name of that song stuck in their heads by singing or humming. And through the Houndify platform, we empower developers to be part of the speech-to-meaning revolution.
The Graphic Designer role is a position within the Marketing team. The range and frequency of work you produce will vary depending on the needs of the cross-functional teams that the Marketing team supports. This includes (but not limited to) Sales, HR, Web Developers, Engineering, and Product Design. With the majority of assigned projects within Marketing and Sales areas, which have clearly defined objectives and timelines, you will have opportunities to help with designing proposals and pitches for well-known brands through collaboration, and executing revisions based on weekly critiques or direct feedback. This is all possible because you adhere to design best practices and strive to deliver work on schedule. Above all, you are reliable, have a passion for design, a hunger to learn, and a drive to work.
- Participate in conceptualizing and brainstorming ideas for new or existing projects
- Work closely with your team to design, develop and modify designs
- Expand upon visual tone and aesthetics for new and existing designs
- Present final hi-fidelity proposals or mocks to project owners for critique
- Good time management skills, working to deliver assignments on time
- Desire to learn new things, whether it’s a software program or a new technique that will help improve your skills
- Clear and concise communication and organization skills
- Ability to collaborate with others to develop concepts in a team-oriented manner
- Open-minded approach to problem-solving
- A desire and ability to learn quickly
- Completes projects by coordinating with outside agencies, art services, printers, etc. (when needed)
- Maintains technical and design knowledge by reviewing publications and trends while keeping up with technology
- Does not skip any steps, such as brainstorming and sketching (when appropriate), reviewing guidelines, etc.
How to apply:
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Keynote, Google Docs and Drive
- Bachelor's degree in a design-related field or equivalent proven industry experience
- 2+ years professional experience, but a stellar portfolio is what really counts!
- Experience or working knowledge Adobe After Effects and Flash (knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus)
Send us a copy of your resume including a link to your portfolio, as well as a cover letter telling us why you'd to work with us here at SoundHound!