SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 265 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products...we're just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company home that's simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines. Yep, it's that cool.
Software Engineer - Machine Audition / Speech Recognition
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the core group working on many of SoundHound’s exciting technologies, including:
- Automatic alignment of lyrics to recorded music — the LiveLyrics feature on SoundHound
- Applying deep learning techniques and neural networks to improve acoustic models for ASR
- Low power decoders for command and control on mobile devices
- Employing machine learning techniques to improve other aspects of the ASR pipeline
- Singing and humming search — uniquely featured on SoundHound
- A tenacious interest in improving the quality of machine audition systems
- Passion for statistical machine learning (neural networks, support vector machines, Bayesian networks)
- Incurably drawn to audio/speech processing, encoders/decoders, audio segmentation
- Insatiable hunger for general pattern recognition, including image processing and computer vision
- Working familiarity with DSP principles and Machine Learning or ASR
- A background in EE or computer science or equivalent, at the Masters or Ph.D level
- Solid knowledge of algorithms, dynamic programming and probability/statistics
- Proven experience and competence with C++ on UNIX/Linux
- Familiarity with a scripting language such as Perl/Python and extra credit for Matlab/Octave
How to Apply:
- Please send us your resume and cover letter. Let us know why you’d like a position at SoundHound in particular!