SoundHound is creating and productizing transformative technologies that improve life. Join us.
After amassing a global user community well over 300 million strong, a large portfolio of core technologies and award winning products…we’re just getting started.
At SoundHound we value creativity, innovation, hard work, open communication and fast iteration, which allow us to act on valuable feedback from employees and users alike. SoundHound's culture is one of impromptu coffee breaks, less-impromptu fitness sessions, group lunches, and weekly happy hours.
We offer a competitive salary, SoundHound stock options, unique camaraderie, catered lunches, and the opportunity to call a company that’s simultaneously changing the way we discover music AND interact with machines, home. Yep, it's that cool.
About the Role:
Welcome to Client Engineering at the company responsible for one of the most popular Music and Sound Search applications in the iTunes Store, and the ground-breaking voice technology powering the Hound personal assistant. In this position, you'll play a key role in the development of our next generation Audio Recognition apps, taking SoundHound's highly-sophisticated backend technology and creating a polished UI/UX to delight our hundreds of millions of users and maintain SoundHound's place as THE go-to app for Music Search and Exploration. To achieve this, you're an experienced Mobile Engineer with a deep knowledge of the iOS platform, who enjoys working as part of a tight-knit team comprised of passionate, innovative and highly-collaborative Developers. You believe things like SoundHound's unique 'LiveLyrics' feature and Hound's ability to interpret complex queries are awesome, and would relish the opportunity to sign your name to even cooler functionality within future products. Sound good? Read on!
- Work on iPhone/iPad application architecture and drive development using the latest mobile standards in music and social gaming.
- Participate in all phases of our software development life cycle to convert concepts and specifications into released iPhone/iPad applications and features.
- Interact daily with the systems and processes used in professional software development, including source control, bug tracking, testing, etc.
- Fluency in and a deep knowledge of C, Objective-C, CocoaTouch, and iOS programming.
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object oriented programming, and concurrent programming
- Strong experience detecting and correcting memory usage issues, and optimizing code for application performance.
- Enthusiasm for working in a high-profile, fast-paced startup. We ship to millions of people on a very regular basis, with tight schedules and small teams, and it takes a certain kind of energy and drive to get it done!
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with one or more of the following: low latency audio, low latency networking, performance analysis, CoreAnimation, OpenGL, and Social APIs (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
How to Apply:
- Download and use our iPhone/iPad app. We'll talk to you about the experience as a part of the interview process.
- Apply through our website. Please be sure to include an appropriate cover letter.
- If you have shipped any iPhone/iPad apps that you are proud of, point us in their direction.
- Engineer, Cocoa, iPhone, iPad, UIKit, Objective-C, Xcode, Mac OS X, OpenGL, CoreGraphics, CoreAudio, iPod Touch, Apple.