Administrative | Seattle, WA
The Administrative Assistant role will support the Director of Engineering, Stratolaunch and the larger engineering team. This role will specifically help the Director of Engineering by scheduling appointments, arranging travel, planning business meetings, preparing presentations and correspondence, working on special projects, updating the team schedule, acting as reception and otherwise relieve the Director of clerical work, administrative, and business detail by performing the following duties:
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, accountability and integrity.
- Interact with outside contacts and organizations on behalf of the Director of Engineering, scheduling appointments, drafting correspondence, following up on any issues and other tasks as assigned.
- Manage Directors’ calendars, create and accept meeting invitations, prioritize appointments and make appropriate scheduling decisions in Director’s absence.
- Coordinate meeting arrangements by preparing agendas, reserving and preparing facilities, including food and beverage when necessary, and communicating and resolving changes or problems. Greet scheduled visitors and conduct them to appropriate areas.
- Arrange and coordinate travel schedules and reservations.
- Prepare and code expense and credit card reports for the Director of Engineering.
- Conduct research, compile and prepare reports.
- Perform general office support duties such as organizing and maintaining filing systems, faxing, scanning and copying.
- Facilitate the Director’s review and approval of contracts and other documents.
- Manage the engineering team schedule for the Director
- Maintain a shared document log for signature items and communicate approvals to interested parties.
- Assist the departments in creation of Purchase Orders.
- Work closely with other Administrative Assistants to maintain support coverage for the entire Stratolaunch department.
- Help the Director perform on-going tasks and identify process improvements.
- Assist the Director in keeping on schedule.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Required knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability:
- Past experience successfully developing, implementing and maintaining organizational systems with little input from manager.
- Well organized self-starter who can grasp and complete tasks with little supervision.
- Team-oriented individual who is able to work well with various people.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrate the highest level of integrity and commitment to confidentiality.
- Attention to detail, strong writing skills, ability to prioritize tasks.
- Knowledge of general office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines.
Preferred computer skills:
- Advanced Knowledge of MS Office
- MS Project
- Adobe Acrobat
High School diploma or GED and 5 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
« Back to Openings