Principal Systems Engineer - Integration
Aerospace | Seattle, WA
A Principal Systems Engineer is needed by Stratolaunch to help with program management and architecture development. This position includes evaluation of a broad range of technical data. Position will manage individual projects. Candidates must have strong project management background and relevant experience in space systems development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop engineering models and perform analyses in various aerospace disciplines, including one or more of the following: combustion and fluids, thermal, structural, avionics.
- Lead the technical integration of complex projects within Stratolaunch.
- Develop interface requirements and interface control documents.
- Requirements development, including writing requirements and verification statements.
- Analyze technical data for various projects, such as subsystem and component designs, system analyses, system margins, test and operations plans.
- Evaluate risks and risk mitigation plans to determine if the risks are appropriate and risk mitigations are adequate.
- Regular and comprehensive communication to the Engineering Director on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Contribute to the integration of complex aerospace systems.
- Travel, as needed, to support the Executive Director and/or the department.
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability
- Knowledge of, and experience with, one or more of these disciplines: propulsion/combustion, fluid management systems, thermodynamics, structures, avionics, and/or manufacturing.
- Experience with complex aerospace project management, including sub-contractor management.
- Experience with requirements development, with a focus on interface management.
- Experience with risk management.
- Strong facilitation skills and ability to communicate effectively to varied audiences to gain support or resolve concerns.
- Ability to work on own initiative and prioritize tasking to fit within the business goals.
- Complex aerospace system development experience.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- Launch vehicle development experience
- Experience with government agencies
- Experience with air-launch programs
- Security clearance
Required computer skills
- Engineering software tools
- MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Requirements management tools
- MS Project
- Configuration management systems
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 15 plus years’ relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
- Includes seven-plus years of project management/leadership of complex aerospace development
Special remarks regarding work environment
- Travel estimated to be approximately 25%
- Position is based in Seattle, WA
« Back to Openings