Host | Tempe, AZ, United States
KJZZ in Phoenix is hiring a Broadcast Producer Manager who will host various news magazines and produce audio content.
The successful candidate will host local and national programs and deliver on-air news; write conversational-style copy for newscasts; anchor live news; produce audio content; assist in coordinating live interviews; and perform all aspects of live or automated daily on-air operations, including board operation.
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Broadcasting, Communication or a related field AND four (4) years of on-air experience in journalism, news, multimedia, and audio board operations in recorded and live situations; including two (2) years of supervisory experience. Demonstrate experience through portfolio of on air work within the last five (5) years that shows an understanding of live hosting for target audiences, interviewing skills, and well-written on-air news.
- Required - Recent portfolio of on air work and it should contain:
- Personable on air presentation and strong, friendly delivery that fits seamlessly into programs
- Producing well-written, contextual news with sound
- Effective interviewing and story development.
- Use of appropriate equipment and software.
- Generating creative and innovative ideas and contributes to the development process in general.
- Exercising discretion in determining content of written copy.
- Recording and delivering information.
- Communicating effectively and efficiently in writing.
- Following verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrate mastery of broadcast techniques and practices within deadline-driven environment.
- Establish cooperative working relationships with persons contacted in the process of performing assigned duties.
- Analyze and interpret policies and procedures to formulate, develop and present recommendation to resolve problems and questions.
- Principles, methods, practices and ethics of broadcast journalism.
- Equipment and terminology used in broadcast production operations.
- Principles and practices of supervision, coordination and directions.
- Ethical guidelines applicable to the position as outlined by the professional organizations, and/or Federal, State, Local laws, rules and regulations.
The Maricopa County Community College District is an EEO/AA Institution and an equal opportunity employer of protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.