Research and Development | Palo Alto, CA
You will be the guardian of web production systems used by over 17k publishers and 12k e-commerce companies. Our products create relevant digital ads in REAL-TIME and cross-devices in 50ms, half a million times per second. We work at a scale of speed, performance and complexity that few others have.
The operations platform is one of the largest commercial systems in the world - spread across 3 continents and 8 datacenters with more than 17,000 servers and more than 40PB of data. We are still a young company where there is still a lot to build and drive. If you are a problem solver, a MacGyver of engineering and want to work in DevOps at massive scale, then this is the right place for you!
- Lead a team of DevOps Engineers in a highly agile environment
- Build, develop and support Criteo’s global DEV environment for new engineering products
- Automate the environment buildouts and code deployment processes (continually review/improve automation as needed)
- Monitor the environments and perform alert/incident troubleshooting in a timely manner
What you Bring to the Role:
- 5+ years’ hands-on experience in Systems Engineering/DevOps
- 2+ years' experience in a Management/Lead role
- Experience in working on a Windows and/or Linux production platform, running Web Services (IIS, Apache, etc) with a strong knowledge of Linux Systems or Windows fundamentals (CentOS, Windows 2008 R2, Windows 2012)
- Good understanding of networking concepts (load balancers, routers) as well as System Admin
- Experience in working with remote teams to resolve large scale production issues
- Skills in identifying recurring design issues and implement automatic response
- Strong experience with either automation frameworks (ex Chef or Ansible) and monitoring tools (Nagios, Centreon, Graphite, etc) and configuration management
Nice to have
- Experience with performance monitoring/tuning
- Experience working with large scale deployments in cloud or hybrid environments
- Proficiency with incident management
Technologies @ Criteo
- Web : IIS, Apache
- Windows : Server 2008R2, Server 2012, Active Directory
- Linux : Apache, CentOS, Bind
- Monitoring : Nagios,Centreon, Graphite, Kibana
- Automation : Chef
- Scripting : Ruby, PowerShell, Perl
About Criteo [CTRO]
Criteo delivers personalized performance marketing at an extensive scale. Measuring return on post-click sales, Criteo makes ROI transparent and easy to measure. Criteo has over 2000 employees in 27 offices globally serving over 17,000 advertisers worldwide and partners with over 12,000 publishers.
Our R&D team is building the next generation digital advertising technologies that allow us to manage billions of ad impressions every day. We're working in a very fast-paced release cycle and are adding new capabilities weekly and even daily.
A few figures:
- 15 datacenters across US, EU, APAC (8 with computing capacity + 7 dedicated to network connectivity)
- More than 17K servers, running a mix of Linux and Windows
- One of the largest Hadoop clusters in Europe with close to 40PB of storage
- 30B HTTP requests and close to 3B unique banners displayed per day
- Close to 1M HTTP requests per second handled during peak times
40Gbps of bandwidth, half of it through peering exchanges
Criteo R&D Culture
- Empowerment - We believe in bottoms-up development.
- Mobility & Variety – In our Voyager program, engineers choose any team with whom to work for 2-4 weeks, boosting collaboration, networking and maybe even leading to switching teams.
- Agility- We work in a fast paced environment where we release stuff frequently for nimble response to the market.
- Multicultural – We have engineers from all over the world to interact and exchange ideas.
Learn More about Criteo R&D in Palo Alto!
Criteo in Palo Alto
Our Blog: http://www.criteolabs.com
Are you up to the challenge?
Criteo is an Equal Opportunity Employer
To all recruitment agencies: Criteo does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Criteo employees or any other company location. Criteo is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
« Back to Openings