We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch, Tomcat (JSP), Python, Caffe, Keras, Theano, NumPy, SciPy and Flask.
Your mission at Visual Meta? You will be mainly responsible for implementing methods for feature extraction and computer vision as developing back office applications
- In this role, you will be responsible for implementing methods for feature extraction and computer vision
- You will evaluate Deep Learning algorithms for image classification and recommendation
- You will be developing back office applications and tools for the monitoring and support of our product classification system
- You will be in charge of improving our existing machine learning framework in terms of features and performance
- You will be preparing Data for training image recommender and classifier
- Conceptualisation and implementation of web framework are also your responsibilities
- You possess an MSc. or Ph.D. university degree in computer science or a related university degree
- You have at least 2+ years of working experience in implementing methods for feature extraction and developing back office applications.
- You have hands-on experience in machine learning and knowledge in image classification using Deep Learning
- You come with good coding skills in Java and Python
- You have prior experience with database systems such as MySQL or HBase
- You are highly motivated, love writing software and are eager to learn new technologies and extend your knowledge
- You bring an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” mentality
- You are a team oriented and motivated personality and willing to share your knowledge with your fellow colleagues
- You speak fluent English
- We design code that matters — Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity — Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority — Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility — With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you — Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together — Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, cover letter, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Nikolina Dosen will be your point of contact.