We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat.
Your mission at Visual Meta? As 'Java Engineer – Web Development' you will be mainly working on the user site of our product. If you have an analytical, detail oriented as well as agile mindset and would like to work in a highly international tech company, then this might be the right opportunity for you.
- You are in charge of implementing new features in cooperation with our product management and graphics team
- You proactively look for ways to improve our platform and products
- You set up A/B-Tests to assure effectiveness and user acceptance of new functionalities
- You rapidly fix bugs and solve problems
- You actively take part in product improvement decisions and process optimizations
- You possess an university degree in engineering, computer science or similar
- You bring at least 2+ years of Java (frontend) experience on the table and show a keen eye for design
- You show a disciplined and detail oriented approach to testing and are passionate about clean, high-quality coding
- You ideally have experience with Mocking frameworks (e.g. EasyMock, Mockito, Powermock) and Karma Jasmine
- You have a good understanding of Git and design patterns
- You won’t be doing test automation for the first time (Selenium/Webdriver)
- You are a team oriented and motivated personality and willing to share your knowledge with your fellow colleagues
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Is this the job you are looking for?
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Nikolina Dosen will be your point of contact.