We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, <strongShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat (JSP).
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a Business Intelligence Analyst (m/f) you will help us to design, develop and improve our in-house business intelligence solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to join the business intelligence team at one of Berlin’s largest online marketing platforms situated at the heart of the city. You will have the opportunity to work with large web scale data sets and apply your analytical skills to challenging online marketing problems.
- You are contributing to the daily upkeep and management of our exciting in-house Business Intelligence (BI) solution as well as dashboard creation and infrastructure enhancements
- You are enabling other departments (Sales, Marketing, Product, Quality Management, etc.) to make business critical decisions based on our data by analysing and defining KPIs, as well as developing, modifying and maintaining reports
- You are analysing, interpreting and presenting data to the organization in a way that creates tangible company value
- You deliver actionable, data-driven insights to the organization to help shape and grow Visual Meta
- You are leading the design and creation of the agreed output and reports with a constant effort for automation and enhancement
- You possess an university degree in a quantitative academic discipline (e.g. statistics, mathematics, etc.) or equivalent professional experience
- You have at least 2 years of working experience in a business or marketing intelligence, ideally within a very large data set environment
- You are able to translate business problems into quantitative analyses and produce insights
- You are an expert with spreadsheets, experience with data visualization (Tableau, Spotfire etc.) and data mining tools (SAS, SPSS, SQL)
- You have very good understanding of e-commerce/e-marketplaces
- You are familiar with online marketing tools such as Google Analytics
- You have excellent communication skills in spoken and written English with experience in presenting results in both written and verbal form round up your profile
- You are experienced in working on predictive modeling problems using statistical software like R, SAS, or SPSS is a plus
- You have experience of working with web scale data sets
- You bring knowledge of SQL relational and NoSQL databases
- We design code that matters -- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity -- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority -- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility -- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you -- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together -- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, <strongNikolina Dosen will be your point of contact.