We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat (JSP).
Your mission at Visual Meta? Since we are growing fast we would like to ensure that our systems and infrastructure stays at the cutting-edge of computer technology. As a part of our system administrator team you will be responsible for setting up and maintaining our internal IT infrastructure (mostly Windows workstations) and act as the first point of contact for our employees.Your qualifications:
- Enrolled student, preferably in computer science studies
- First experience with installing programs, drivers, screens, printers etc., primarily in an MS Windows OS context
- Highly motivated, friendly and passionate about helping people
- Customer-oriented and easy going team player who can stay calm in stressful situations
- Well organized individual with a “getting things done” mentality
- Fluent in spoken and written English
What we offer:
- Troubleshooting users´ problems and installing programs, drivers, printers etc.
- Maintaining office IT infrastructure: Windows7, networks, VoIP, printers, backups, etc.
- Coordinating and setting up newcomers workplace
- Creating guidelines as well as documenting and updating information in our intranet (Confluence)
- Evaluating and purchasing hard- and software as well as inventory management
- Detecting security issues and taking appropriate action
Is this the job you are looking for?
- We code stuff that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech events (e.g. Hackathons, TechTalks)
- We love diversity - Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sports activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter Nikolina Dosen will be your point of contact.