Vulcan Technology discovers, develops and delivers technology products that advance Vulcan’s key philanthropic, commercial and research strategies. In all of these areas, we are committed to changing the world in meaningful and measurable ways. Our Product Managers are deep technical and business thinkers who work with subject-matter experts to identify new product pathways, drive experimental technology to maturity, and build and own lines of business. Product Managers should be data-driven strategists and pragmatic builders, and will have a keen focus on generating value for Vulcan and its customers.
Product Managers are responsible for leading the tactical teams that:
- Own their product roadmap and manage release timing to plan
- Identify and prioritize customer needs, and ensure they are addressed by MVP and subsequent product releases
- Determine when new technologies are mature and ready for deployment
- Create go-to-market strategies that deliver unique solutions to new markets
- Develop and execute all aspects of the business plan to ensure successful, sustainable delivery and support of products and services.
- Execute on business and partner development
- Demonstrate honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments.
Vulcan is seeking a Sr. Product Manager for one or more product lines that combat international wildlife trafficking and illegal depletion of ocean fish stocks. These intelligence platforms integrate automated and directed data streams with artificial intelligence analytics to provide critical situational awareness for management and enforcement agencies. The ideal Sr. Product Manager will be technically deep, passionate about protecting important world ecosystems, fluent in systems that analyze and present data, and experienced with customers in local, national and even international governments. Occasional travel to far-flung parts of the world is a possibility.
This role requires initiative, creativity, technical depth, great business thinking and above all, a drive to deliver and unwavering ownership of the product. Applicants must be articulate, clear thinkers, exceptionally data driven, and able to make and back up tough judgment calls.
Demonstration of understanding in some of the following subject matter areas is important:
- Business plan development
- Product management
- Business development
- Intelligence and Surveillance practices
- Satellite Imagery
- Machine learning
- Developing world business environments
- Wildlife trafficking or illegal fishing
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Successful candidates will have:
- Excellent academic credentials
- Excellent judgement and broad ranging business acumen
- A history of successfully bringing new products to market
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience working cooperatively with engineering and product development teams
- Enthusiasm for engaging executives as multiple levels, from high-level strategy to tactical execution
- Experience across a range of technology markets
- Experience developing networks of industry relationships
- Demonstrated ability to work with customers, vendors and partners at all levels.
- Tolerance for risk and a flexible and adaptable attitude toward responding to change.
- The ability to take on extensive responsibility and excel in a small team environment
- A strong work ethic - self starter
- P/L responsibility is desirable
Special remarks regarding work environment, if applicable
- Travel estimated to be 15%