Today we've got around 30 developers in Edinburgh, working on iZettle for Hospitality and since we’re creating all these new features and products which will keep pioneering the payment industry - we need more people!
Giving our customers the information they need to run their business
We’re building a platform that gives our customers the information that they need to grow their businesses. We want to give the little guy the same insights and tools that only the big players have had access to before.
We move fast, and release updates to our backend services continuously, with releases to our backoffice and POS app on a fortnightly basis. Testing is key to this, you should be confident that your code works, pushing a new build to production shouldn't be something that you're afraid of.
Engineering with a capital E
Engineering is important. If you can write clean, tested, and maintainable code, you’ll fit right in. We expect a full suite of tests with every pull request, and expect everyone to be able to justify their design choices to their peers. We work in short sprints, and we’re very Agile.
We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to to join our team. We're a growing engineering team, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to make a real and lasting impact. You'll work in small, service based teams, with autonomy and real ownership of the code that you produce.
- Go for all of our microservices, and PHP for a few legacy services.
- PostgreSQL, and MySQL for our persistent data storage.
- Redis (for caching)
- RabbitMQ and AmazonSQS for asynchronous services.
- Docker and Kubernetes, all on AWS
You should apply if
- You love solving interesting problems!
- The idea of building products that thousands of businesses use and rely on every day seems like something you’d want to do
- You've had experience building microservices
- You’ve got a passion for new and interesting technologies and great engineering
- You've had experience building services in a microservices architecture.
- You love writing well tested, resilient, and performant code
- You’ve got experience writing code in a strongly typed language (Go, Java, C, C#, Swift)
- You’ve got an urge to find out why going Dutch might affect your Z and X reports
- Discussing complex technical problems with the team is something that you’re comfortable with
- You know your GETs from your POSTs and your PUTs from your PATCHes
- Ping Pong!
- Contributory Pension Scheme Private Health Insurance
- Group Life Assurance
- Hack week!
- Personal development budget
Thinking of joining one of the most promising tech startups in Europe? Of course you are! Apply and we will revolutionise the payment industry together!