iZettle is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Europe and our Tech Department, which represents the backbone of the company, is growing quickly along with it.
This time we are looking for experienced leaders and Tech Managers.
Our Tech Department is organised into competency areas called chapters: iOS, Android, Web, Backend, Coaches and DevOps. Each chapter reports to a Lead which will be reporting to you. As a Tech Manager you will be a member of the Tech Department Management Group and report directly to our CTO.
- Set vision and direction for the Tech organization.
- Responsibility to develop, train and nurture your employees.
- Planning, execution and follow-up of vision, budget and results.
- Employer branding.
- Ensuring software development is compliant according to law and regulations.
- Build and support a high performing domain within Tech making sure to optimize Product Development within iZettle.
- Create an environment where teams can perform and have the necessary skills and mandate to work in a self-organized way.
- Develop an inspirational direction (vision) for the Tech Department, and making sure Tech works towards it.
- Challenge the Tech domain and teams in building and managing a result-oriented fast growing organization that: embrace, test and evaluate change.
- Recruit new talents and, train and develop your employees.
- Be a Cultural role model.
- Help development teams to remove organizational impediments they are not able to manage themselves.
- Proactively drive cross-department improvements.
- Set and administrate compensation, benefits, salary and promotions for employees.
Required background and experience
- You have skills and extensive experience in software engineering.
- A passionate and experienced leader.
- Experience from hyper-growing organizations.
- You thrive in organizations with a large portion of ambiguity.
- A relevant education, preferably a Master degree or/and professional qualification in engineering.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English.
- You are a role model for our core values.
- You are a challenger.
- A visionary communicator that is frequently visible and present within the Tech department.
- Ability to zoom in (detail-oriented) and zoom out (overview) when needed.
- Business-driven mindset.
- Proactive Improvement-driven and hands-on.
Sounds interesting? We look forward to your application!