Advertising | Minneapolis, MN, United States
Art Director Intern
At Colle+McVoy we believe that creativity can transform business problems into human solutions. The insight and ideas that transform business for our clients come from our people. Our agency culture is unmatched, and we welcome applicants who share our values of passion, partnership, integrity and courage. At Colle+McVoy, creative is more than a department. It’s an expectation. And that’s where you come in.
As an art director intern at Colle+McVoy, you’ll be responsible for wowing our creative directors with your ideas, design skills and entertaining YouTube video finds. You’ll spend a lot of time with a copywriter dreaming up ridiculously big ideas. Once you and your writer friend strike gold, you’ll be responsible for bringing your big idea to life. Sometimes you’ll work with outside vendors such as photographers, retouchers, illustrators, directors, animators, editors and print vendors. You may even work with an animal trainer or a chainsaw juggler at some point, if you’re lucky. So, if you’d like to work for an agency that has a sweet rooftop deck overlooking downtown, a tap server, and has been named a Best Places to Work consecutively for the past six years, then show us what you’ve got.
- Develop concepts and layouts, collaborating with copywriters and other creatives to produce a high caliber of work under deadline
- Art direct through final layouts; may attend photo shoots, broadcast shoots and aspects of post-production
- Present ideas and work to team or client
- Possess a spectrum of design skills; interactive design is a plus
- Remain current on industry trends and technology
- Basic understanding of printing processes, photography, illustration, typography and interactive media
- Competency in the Adobe Creative Suite of applications
- Ability to gracefully handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree and/or ad school credentials preferred
- Online portfolio that demonstrates a range of ideas with a strong sense of design
Length of Position:
Colle+McVoy is an inventive, full-service agency that excels at modernizing brands. We drive business growth for diverse client partners, such as 3M, Associated Bank, August Schell Brewing Company, CHS, Cub Cadet, DuPont, Elanco, Explore Minnesota Tourism, Famous Dave’s of America, General Mills, Grain Belt, The Hershey Company, Invisalign, Land O'Lakes, Recreational Boating & Fishing Foundation, Target and USA Swimming, among others. Based in Minneapolis, Colle+McVoy is a member of the MDC Partners network and has been named a Best Place to Work by Outside magazine, Advertising Age and the StarTribune. For more information, visit www.collemcvoy.com, www.facebook.com/collemcvoy, or follow on Twitter @collemcvoy.
We are an equal opportunity employer.