International Volunteer Inquiries
Other | Various Locations - Worldwide
International Volunteer/Intern Inquiries*
*Please submit your resume here if:
- You live overseas and are interested in volunteering at one of ARC’s national offices and/or
- If you are interested in volunteering in a country other than your own
ARC accepts applications for volunteer/intern positions at our overseas locations. We seek individuals for these opportunities that are able to provide a specific skill which we cannot find in the local population we are serving. Examples of these skills include proposal writing, program development, grant reporting, program management, medicine, engineering, and business development, among others.
While we appreciate the generosity of individuals who are willing to volunteer their time providing basic assistance (handing out food, preparing materials for distribution, basic office work), we often hire refugees in the countries where we are working to carry out these important jobs. This provides an income to a family who is greatly in need.
What to know about international opportunities:
- A volunteer/intern should be available for a minimum of 4 months, but ideally 6 months.
- Volunteers/interns generally must be partially self-funded.
- This means that you must be able to cover the cost of travel to and from the country where you work.
- You must also cover the cost of, and provide proof of health insurance for the duration of your assignment.
- Please note: some past volunteers have been able to cover these costs through sponsorship from a community organization or an academic grant.
- ARC can usually provide group housing and a small living expense stipend.
Please submit your resume and contact information by clicking “Apply Now.”
Note: ARC regularly reviews applications that we receive for international opportunities. While we are not able to place everyone, we would love to hear from you and start the conversation.
American Refugee Committee is an Equal Opportunity Employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. American Refugee Committee complies with all applicable laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
« Back to Openings