|QA Software Engineer
Mountain View, CA, United States
Job Type: Full-Time
Bubble Motion (www.bubblemotion.com), a Sequoia Capital funded start-up headquartered in Mountain View, California, is pioneering a new method of communication voice SMS. Bubble Motion provides advanced voice applications to mobile carriers around the world. We have already announced partnerships with seven carriers in seven countries, with more carriers being deployed now. Bubble Motions flagship product, BubbleTALK, works on any handheld, on any network in the world, requires no handheld client to download, and does not require a subscription. The service has proven to be extremely viral and successful in the markets where we have launched.
With success securely under our belt, Bubble Motion is ramping up our operations to deliver next generation of BubbleTALK family of products and services.
Do you want to get directly involved in and shape the quality and user experience of next generation voice messaging products? At Bubble Motion, we are looking for self-motivated, fast learning and talented engineer who is passionate about end user experience and product quality to join our team to help uncover, investigate, report and track system software defects.
You will be responsible to drive test planning, prepare and setup test environment, create test automation, and execute tests from users perspective and to deliver detailed test report with respect to defect findings and problem isolation.
* 4 - 6 years of software QA testing and test automation experience;
* Testing software in a distributed networking environment with emphasis on functional, load, stress and performance testing;
* Testing large scale enterprise networking and/or VoIP products;
* Strong scripting experience and skill in at least one of the following language: Perl, tcl, shell;
* Working knowledge in C/C++, or Java;
* Experience with commercial and open source test automation tools;
* Experience with stress and performance test tools like SIPp would be helpful;
* Experience in internationalization and/or localization;
* Understanding of performance issues in large distributed systems;
* Previous experience with large consumer sites and/or communication applications preferred;
* Superior analytical and problem solving skill;
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Must be a self-starter and the ability to work independently on diverse problem;
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent