Information Technology | New York, NY, United States
We seek an experienced Junior Systems Administrator / Desktop Support Technician. The candidate must be available to work 40+ hours a week, and have 1-3 years experience in a desktop support or similar role. Working with the IT Manager / Senior Systems Administrator this role will provide day to day support of all desktops and laptops in our Offices in New York and Chicago. This role also provides support for all Office equipment, Electronics, VOIP Phone systems, Network, Servers and anything that plugs into a wall and connects to a network and some things that do not.
- Support desktops and laptops in a multi-platform OS environment (OSX, Windows)
- Help resolve desktop hardware and software issues; Should be experienced in common applications, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Suite etc.
- Support a VOIP based phone system (NEC)
- Support Google Apps for Business
- Move computers, monitors, and associated equipment
- Troubleshoot networking issues on wired and wireless networks
- Respond to requests for assistance in person, over the phone, via email, and through an internal trouble ticket system
- Help support mobile devices and remote users
- Support other office technology, such as televisions, projectors, video conference equipment etc.
- Day-to-day maintenance of computers, printers and other office equipment
- Maintain inventory and documentation
- Work with external vendors to resolve issues
- Maintain office facilities, infrastructure and technology
- General office maintenance and coordinating with external vendors, electricians, facilities management, wiring crews etc.
- Be able to travel to Chicago once a quarter for 1-2 days
- Assist with additional office duties as needed
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and project management skills
- Strong Desktop Support skills and 1-3 years relevant IT Support experience
- Flexible and adaptable, able to change and alter project plans as quickly as projects change and alter
- Windows Support experience including applications such as MS Office and Adobe CS
- Quick learner, strong/effective problem solver, team player
- Detail oriented, organized and able to track multiple projects and issues
- Linux Server Knowledge (Debian/Ubuntu preferred)
- Good understanding of TCP/IP Networking and VPN
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- OSX support experience a plus including OSX Applications such as MS Office and Adobe Creative Suite
- General Office Facilities management experience, a plus
- Experience with working with external vendors, a must
- Good working knowledge of common office equipment, printers, faxes, projectors, televisions etc.
- 4-year college degree and relevant work experience
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills (so important that we listed it twice)