We are Visual Meta, a successful and steadily growing web company, founded in 2009 and acquired by the Axel Springer Group in 2011. Operating from a great office in central Berlin, we run 14 online shopping portals worldwide under the brands LadenZeile, ShopAlike and UmSóLugar. We offer the professionalism of a big player and the company culture of a startup. Our vision? To become THE global service for comparison shopping.
How are we trying to achieve that? During the last years, we have been building a strong, international team. We deal with modern web technologies, large databases, millions of images, data mining and analysis, search technologies and machine learning. We code stuff that matters and reaches millions of people. We believe in lean and agile software engineering. Our technology stack is plain Java, MySQL, Hadoop, HBase, Spring, IntelliJ/Eclipse, Elasticsearch and Tomcat (JSP).
Your mission at Visual Meta? As a "Java Engineer - Shop Onboarding and Product Synchronization (m/f)” you will play an important role when it comes to technically integrating our new partner shops and product synchronization.
- You are in charge of building scalable services to keep our inventory of 100M+ items updated on a daily basis
- You are responsible for developing as well as maintaining tools and services that allow fast and seamless onboarding of new shops onto our platforms.
- You ensure the best possible performance of our applications
- You control the service integration and ensure its functionality
- You write tests and are responsible for reviewing code guaranteeing the best possible code quality
- You integrate and maintain developed services into production
- You build scalable data stores based on technologies like MySQL, HBase or Elasticsearch
- You possess an university degree in computer science or a related university degree
- You have at least 2 years of working experience in programming with Java
- You come with a strong understanding when it comes to database systems such as MySQL
- You ideally have knowledge about APIs such as REST, a good understanding of GWT would be an additional plus
- You bring an analytical mindset with a kick-ass “getting things done” mentality
- You are highly motivated, love writing software and are eager to learn new technologies and extend your knowledge
- You speak fluent English
- We design code that matters- Be part of our agile environment (Scrum), work with the latest technology and participate in regular tech-events (e.g. hackathons)
- We love diversity- Our team contains over 50 nationalities
- We see your development as our priority- Profit from a structured onboarding process, internal and external training possibilities as well as room for further professional development
- We take responsibility- With us you have the option to become socially involved (e.g. charity lunch)
- We care for you- Benefit from a company pension plan, flexible working hours, 27 vacation days, healthy snacks and sport activities (yoga, soccer, volleyball)
- We enjoy spending time together- Join in for Friday beers, movie nights, team events, table football and ping-pong
Go ahead and submit your application in English including CV, salary expectations and your availability. As your responsible recruiter, Nikolina Dosen will be your point of contact.