Internship Program 2018
Sumitomo Electric is offering
a unique program that gives students the opportunity to
gain practical experience at our R&D labs and corporate headquarters in
Japan. The internship will start on May 28, 2018 and end
o n August 3, 2018 (10 weeks) in
Osaka , Itami
or Yokohama, Japan. It is
possible to amend your internship period on a case-by-case basis, please
contact us for detail. Full time opportunity is available
for some positions after the completion of the internship
You can read what our past interns are saying about the internship program on a spacial Global Internship Page.
For the intern working in Japan, we will provide followings:
- Airplane ticket: A roundtrip airplane ticket (coach/economy class) between a country of your university and Japan will be provided, where all the expenses will be paid by the Company.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided by the Company.
- Commuting Pass: Rail Pass that allows you to travel from the location of accommodation to your work location in Japan.
- Meals: Most meals will be provided (breakfast and dinner will be provided from Sunday night to Friday night; lunch will be provided at your work location on regular business work days).
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance will be provided to cover up to certain amount for illness, injury, cancellation & delays, and lost, stolen, or damages luggage during your internship.
- Living Allowance: Salary is not paid for this internship. However, y ou shall receive an amount of ¥10,000 (JPY) per week plus a one-time lump sum of ¥20,000 (JPY) after tax deducted as required by applicable law, for the duration of your internship to assist your living cost in Japan.
We will be at following job fairs:
- Engineering Opportunity Job Fair at Stanford University on January 27, 2018
- Career Fair at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore on February 1, 2018
- Career Fair at National University of Singapore on February 2, 2018
and Summer Job Fair at University of California at
Berkeley on February 21 to 22, 2018
General Qualifications for All Positions:
oral and written communication skills in English (Japanese
is not required unless specified in each job
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on a PC environment
- Ability to travel to Japan for this internship
- If you are a doctorate student or working on a project with your advisor, please make sure to get a permission to apply for this program from your advisor prior to submitting your application
Here are openings for summer 2018.
- Device Simulation and Measurement Intern (PD2) in Osaka, Japan
- Infrared Sensor Evaluation Intern (TD1) in Yokohama, Japan
- IoT Data Analysis Intern (IO1) in Osaka, Japan
- Material Analysis I (Build Original Material Library for TOF-SIMS) Intern (AT1) in Osaka, Japan
- Material Analysis II (Material Characterization of a Nanoscale) Intern (AT2) in Itami, Japan
- Model-based Development Intern (AA1) in Osaka, Japan
- Multi-fiber Connector Intern (OC1) in Yokohama, Japan
- Oil-tempered Wire Intern (AM1) in Itami, Japan
- Power System Design and Analysis Intern (PS2) in Osaka, Japan
- Redox Flow Battery Intern (PS1) in Osaka, Japan
- SiC Crystal Growth and Characterization Intern (PD1) in Itami, Japan
- Traffic Data Analysis Intern (IN1) in Osaka, Japan
- Diversity and Inclusion (Human Resources) Intern (HR3) in Osaka, Japan
- Global Human Resources Intern (HR1) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources (at Factories) Intern (HR4) in Osaka, Itami, and Yokohama, Japan
- Human Resources Development (Training) Intern (HR2) in Osaka, Japan
- Human Resources (Global Mobility and Payroll Services) Intern (HR5) in Osaka, Japan
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business segments: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune Global 500 company. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com. You can watch videos from our last year interns and corporate profile from our YouTube Channel. Follow us on LinkedIn .
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.