Sumitomo Electric is offering a unique program that gives students the opportunity to gain practical experience at their R&D labs and corporate headquarters in Japan. The following opportunities are available through this program. The internship will start on May 29, 2017 and end o n August 4, 2017 (10 weeks) in Osaka , Itami or Yokohama, Japan. It is possible to amend your internship period on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for detail.
For the intern working in Japan, we will provide followings:
- Airplane ticket: A roundtrip airplane ticket (coach/economy class) between a country of your university and Japan will be provided, where all the expenses will be paid by the Company.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided by the Company.
- Commuting Pass: Rail Pass that allows you to travel from the location of accommodation to your work location in Japan.
- Meals: Most meals will be provided (breakfast and dinner will be provided from Sunday night to Friday night; lunch will be provided at your work location on regular business work days).
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance will be provided to cover up to certain amount for illness, injury, cancellation & delays, and lost, stolen, or damages luggage during your internship.
- Living Allowance: Salary is not paid for this internship. However, y ou shall receive an amount of ¥10,000 (JPY) per week plus a one-time lump sum of ¥20,000 (JPY) after tax deducted as required by applicable law, for the duration of your internship to assist your living cost in Japan.
We will be at following job fairs:
- Engineering Opportunity Job Fair at Stanford University on January 28, 2017
- Career Fair at National University of Singapore on February 7, 2017
and Summer Job Fair at University of California at
Berkeley at February 15, 2017
You can watch videos from our past interns from our YouTube Channel. While there, you can also check out our corporate profile to learn about our company.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and application through these links below by February 24, 2017.
You may apply maximum of two positions . Note that your application will not be considered if you apply three or more positions. Selection will be based on screening of applications and interviews. We will start interviewing candidates by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
General Qualifications for All Positions:
oral and written communication skills in English (Japanese
is not requested unless specified in each job
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on a PC environment
- Ability to travel to Japan for this internship
- If you are a doctorate studetn or working on a project with your advisor, please make sure to get a permission from your advisor prior to submitting your application
Here are openings for summer 2017.
- Connected and Autonomous Vehicle Intern (AA1) [Osaka, Japan]
- Redox Flow Battery Intern (PS1) [Osaka, Japan]
- Stochastic Data Modeling Intern (PS2) [Osaka, Japan]
- Big Data Analysis Intern (IS1) [Osaka, Japan]
- High Frequency Circuit Evaluation Intern (IS2) [OSaka, Japan]
- Surface Analysis Intern (AT1) [Osaka, Japan]
- Material Analysis Intern (AT2) [Itami, Japan]
- Wire Drawing Technology Intern (AM1) [Itami, Japan]
- Thermoelectric Material Intern (ST1) [Itami, Japan]
- SiC Epitaxial Wafer Intern (PD1) [Itami, Japan]
- Optical Fiber Intern (OC1) [Yokohama, Japan]
- Semiconductor Evaluation Intern (TD1) [Yokohama, Japan]
- Global Human Resources Intern (HR1) [Osaka, Japan]
Human Resources Development Intern -
Global Projects (HR2) [Osaka, Japan]
- Human Resources Development Intern - Japan Projects (HR3) [OSaka, Japan]
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business segments: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com. You can watch videos from our last year interns and corporate profile from our YouTube Channel. Follow us on LinkedIn .
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.