Sumitomo Electric is offering a unique program that gives students the opportunity to gain practical experience at their R&D labs and corporate headquarters in Japan. The following opportunities are available through this program. The internship will start on May 29, 2017 and end o n August 4, 2017 (10 weeks) in Osaka, Japan. It is possible to amend your internship period on a case-by-case basis, please contact us for detail.
For the intern working in Japan, we will provide followings:
- Airplane ticket: A roundtrip airplane ticket (coach/economy class) between China and Japan will be provided, where all the expenses will be paid by the Company.
- Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided by the Company.
- Commuting Pass: Rail Pass that allows you to travel from the location of accommodation to your work location in Japan.
- Meals: Most meals will be provided (breakfast and dinner will be provided from Sunday night to Friday night; lunch will be provided at your work location on regular business work days).
- Travel Insurance: A travel insurance will be provided to cover up to certain amount for illness, injury, cancellation & delays, and lost, stolen, or damages luggage during your internship.
- Living Allowance: Salary is not paid for this internship. However, y ou shall receive an amount of ¥10,000 (JPY) per week plus a one-time lump sum of ¥20,000 (JPY) after tax deducted as required by applicable law, for the duration of your internship to assist your living cost in Japan.
We will be attending a job event at Renmin University of China (RUC) from 14:00 to 16:00 on March 1, 2017. We will present about our company and the global internship program. Please stop by at the event.Full time opportunity is also available for some positions after the completion of the internship program.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and application through these links below by March 2, 2017. You may apply maximum of two positions . Note that your application will not be considered if you apply three or more positions. Selection will be based on screening of applications and interviews. We will start interviewing candidates by the end of March. If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
General qualifications for all positions:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English (Japanese is not required unless specified in each job description)
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and sensitive information
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work on a PC environment
- Ability to travel to Japan for this internship
- If you are a doctorate student or working on a project with your advisor, please make sure to get a permission to apply for this program from your advisor prior to submitting your application
Additional qualifications are specified on a Job Description of each position.
Here are openings for summer 2017.
- Global Human Resources Intern (HR1) [Osaka, Japan]
- Human Resources Development Intern – Global Projects (HR2) [Osaka, Japan]
- Human Resources Development Intern – Japan Projects (HR3) [Osaka, Japan]
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business segment s: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com . Follow us on LinkedIn .
Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd.